Wednesday 27 July 2011

Mexican Green Mole with Thermomix

Pronounced (moe-lay)
not as in Austin Powers "Molie-molie-mole" :-)

I've heard soooo many times that most of the Mexican food we get in Australia is NOTHING like what they eat in Mexico. So was fascinated to watch the SBS Mexican Food Safari episode. You can see it here on YouTube. I first saw it a few years ago when I was living in Perth packing up my house to move back home to Sydney, and I jumped online to see where I could get some of the wonderful ingredients they were speaking of. Could only find this place in Sydney so put it in my "will do it when I get to Sydney" list. If you're not in Sydney the site is worth a visit as they deliver :)

I still haven't actually been out to the supermarket yet, but I was in one of my local coffee shops and noticed that it's taken on a Mexican kind of feel of late and they had tins of Tomatillios on the shelves to buy so I was so excited to finally try this recipe!



Although Tomatillios look like green tomatoes they are apparently
are a member or the gooseberry family instead! 

Mexican Green Mole a la Thermomix



2 pork fillets cubed 2cm pieces
bay leaf
half onion

50g sesame seeds roasted in dry pan
50g roasted almonds
50g pumpkin seeds roasted in dry pan

Bunch of spring onion
large garlic clove
half tin Tomatillio (about 6 of them)
1 green capsicum de-seeded and quartered
1green chilli (or to taste)
bunch coriander
1tsp cumin seeds

Place pork onion and bay leaf into basket in Thermomix, fill with approx 1200g water. (as long as it's not too full) cook with MC on angle 20min/100degrees/speed 4. Set aside in Thermoserver.

Combine sesame seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds and about 3 ladles of the pork stock into bowl of Thermomix blitz 20secs/speed 9
Cook for 3 mins/100degrees/soft speed set aside.

No need to clean Thermomix bowl.
Add spring onions, garlic, tomatillios, capsicum, chilli, coriander, cumin and 2 ladles of stock into bowl of Thermomix and blitz for 20secs/speed 7
Add seed paste and combine 10secs/speed 3. Add pork meat (without remaining stock...keep it for soup) and cook for 5mins/90degrees/Reverse soft speed.

Pop it into your thermoserver while to cook up some rice.

Crazily delicious! Maybe not the prettiest dish or most appealing to kids, but it's so fresh and nutty tasting! And I bet it will taste better tomorrow too!


Do you have dishes that doesn't looks as amazing as what they taste??

4 comments:

  1. I find a lot of Mexican food tastes delicious but is hard to style and present! My friend who has been to Mexico says the same about the food we have here although the site that you linked to sounds like a great find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All Mexican Foods taste are very yummy and delicious. I had ate Mexican Green Mole Thermomix, it's very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Mexican Green Mole a la Thermomix is so yummy... I am so excited for make it. It is very yummy and delicious recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy.. the Mexican Green Mole with Thermomix is my one of the favorite recipe. I impressed by that. It such an excellent and testy recipe.

    ReplyDelete