Thursday 21 July 2011

Sweet Ricotta, Custard and Chocolate Tart

As much as I profess the love of cooking, I'm really quite a lazy cook...anything that looks too hard or has too many steps it just filed into the too hard basket.

Making pastry made it's way to the too hard basket from a young age. Watching mum roll it out and carefully lay it over the pie tin and curse it as it cracks or crumbles, I just thought why bother!

So when I saw this recipe on one of my fav blogs which is an english translation of an Italian Thermomix recipe website, and saw how easy it was...I figured I'd give it a go, seeing Thermie does all the work for you :) And we were staying with some friends in Melbourne so wanted to make something nice :)
I'm not much of a sweet tooth, but I think I could have just about finished most of it off by myself! It was sweet but not toooooo sweet.

Sweet Ricotta, Custard and Chocolate Tart


Pastry
300 g Flour
130 g Butter
80 g Sugar
1 Egg and 1 Yolk

Filling
1/2 quantity of Thermomix custard from the EveryDay Cooking book
200 g Ricotta Cheese
50 g Dark Chocolate
To make pastry.
Add sugar, eggs, flour and butter into Thermomix. 1 Min/Speed Dough Mode.
Wrap in gladwrap and refridgerate for 15 Min.

How simple is THAT!

Put chocolate into Thermomix. Grind at Speed 9 until it is reduced into flakes. approx 5-10 secs. Set aside

Prepare half a quantity of Thermomix Custard. Wait until it is lukewarm.
Add ricotta cheese and chocolate and mix 10 Sec/Speed 5

Roll out 3/4 of the short pastry in a flan pan and pour in the custard with ricotta cheese and chocolate.
With the remaining pastry, form some strips, twist them and put it on the top. Or if you have one of those great lattice pastry cutters use that...
Bake 30 Min. 200°C.
So simple yet sooo delicious! I think I'm going to be coming back to this recipe many times, maybe changing the flavours :)

Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. This looks lovely-and so simple too which is even more of a reason to make it and enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this Sweet Ricotta, Custard and Chocolate Tart very much. I always eat Sweet Ricotta, Custard and Chocolate Tart. I want to make it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice recipe! We make this Sweet Ricotta, Custard and Chocolate Tart and It is the ultimate winter soup! We make it weekly for Sunday morning. A must for winter! Thanks for sharing your ingredients with detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful and yummy recipe. It is the ultimate winter soup. I am eager to make this. I can try to make this recipe.

    ReplyDelete