Monday 18 July 2011

Throat Tingling Ginger tea

Nothing worse than the feeling of coming down with a cold :(
Sore throat...little bit too cold then too hot...

It's slowly crept up on me today so after gargling everything and anything that is meant to help I figure bed and a nice warm drink is in order....Enter Thermomix. The only tea I have is black tea and some green teas and jasmin....I just had a hakering for a strong throat tingling sweet gingery tea.

A slice of ginger and a cup of water into Thermie 5secs Speed 8.
Then 3min 100degrees Speed 1, pour it into you mug thru a strainer and add a spoonful of honey to make the medicine go down....and it was DELICIOUS! 10 times better than the ones you can buy! Such a strong flavour I even got another cup out of it!

I'm now thinking of other tea infusions I can make....any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Ginger tea is thought to improve digestion and relieve nausea. Drinking ginger tea is one of the best ways to attach the cold directly. Hot or Cold Drinking Ginger Tea is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi herbal tea! It was fabulous...I think our bodies know what it wants and what is good for us! Might go make some more right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger Tea is the best tea for me. I like this tea very much. I always drink tea with ginger. Without ginger I do not like to drink tea. It is good in cold.

    ReplyDelete