Saturday 15 October 2011

Heavenly Homemade Ricotta

Honestly...who would have thought that making fresh ricotta would be so easy!
In the past I'd been happy to just leave it to the Italians...but this was too easy!
(Isn't just about everything in Thermie)




Recipe from here, Thanks Helene...
I used a nut milk bag to strain it (as I've just started making my own Rice and Almond milk) which I bought from a lovely lady from Living Synergy in WA, cheap as chips and so many uses!
But I discovered the more you drain it the firmer the cheese...AND it firms up more in the fridge so don't wring out every drop of it can become quite hard...like a crumbly cream cheese.


I'm also participating in Down to Earth's "On My Mind" picture...for me today it's...


Had a tummy bug kind of thing for the past week, finally time to see the Dr...
Prescribed...a day of fasting......nothing but sipping Hydralyte and some Probiotics...
hope it works.....



So.....that means....Ricotta for breakfast tomorrow then :)

3 comments:

  1. Ricotta is very best and healthy breakfast food which is widely used by people for breakfast that is very easy to made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised at how easy it was to make it too! Now I always just make it instead of buying it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this Ricotta very much. I always eat Ricotta. I want to make it tonight.

    ReplyDelete