Sunday 22 September 2013

Yes it's been a while...

Ok, so it's been a while since my last post...almost exactly 2 years to be precise. But it's been a crazy 2 years...moving from Sydney to Malaysia being the biggest change.

We're now in the city of Johor Bahru, right on the border of Singapore and Malaysia. We've been here nearly a year now, boy how time has flown. And I am so so glad that I bought my Thermomix with me! Saved my life and my health for sure!

YES the food in Malaysia is AMAZING but if you ate it everyday you'd be the size of a house in no time and eventually as sick as a dog...why don't they cut to the chase and just deep fry balls of MSG and drench them in sugar and be done with it...because that's how they roll here.

Needless to say the way we eat is very different from back home in Sydney, but that's been half the fun in many respects. As usual I make most of our food from scratch but with the different fresh foods available and the different need we have here I'm always learning and searching for new things.

For example making Saurkraut for our gut health as not much else is readily available here. 


Laco-Fermented Saurkraut with red cabbage and Oregano 


And I've got a jar of pineapple vinegar brewing in my wet kitchen...pineapples are only AUD80cents here so I thought I'd give it a go seeing vinegar isn't very popular here.





So if you forgive me, can we be friends again? I've got a few ideas flying around my mind so I think I'm going to be blogging a little here and there now...I need to write them down before they fly right out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment