Monday 23 September 2013

The start of a beautiful friendship...

I've never really had much time for a hobby...well so I thought...
And although I love to cook and try lots of new recipes you kinda have to cook to survive right so I only count that as half a hobby.

I love art, but you need to have room and the time to really put into it...I love crafts but most of them are a little useless. My mum tried to teach me to knit about 6 times and it just never got the hang of it...I assumed crochet to be just as hard, which saddened me as i loved the look of it....until one day when a friend told me to bring her a hook and some yarn and she'll teach me the basics. Was pretty confused by that first lesson but i went home and watched a tutorial (thanks Mikeyssmail ) about 50 times...watching...pausing...rewinding and watching some more, and i created my first granny square.

I was as proud as punch but wasn't sure why it was lopsided haha...oh dear..I did finish it at 1am...


The next one was much better

And I've been literally hooked from that day onward! 

About 6 months down the tract my first (proper) granny square became a blanket! I got sick of making squares so thought I'd make a huge square for the center and just use all the little ones around it.
I started it with real wool but struggle to get anything other that acrylic here...so it took a while.


Boy I'm glad that is over...my little nephew scored this one.

And the great thing about crochet is that it's portable. I spend a lot of time in airports and on planes. And it passes the time nicely. I don't even mind watching Friday Night Football with the hubby anymore...AND it is useful! I've made hats, blankets, toys, scarves, slippers and more! Mostly as presents....and who doesn't like a hand-made-with-love pressie!!

Have you even crocheted...? Or wish you could...?


1 comment:

  1. just love to see creative peoples work. Its not easy but do keep it up. How about giving yourself a little break and plan on a trip with http://www.keralabackpackers.com/ where they offer great packages...

    ReplyDelete